Sunday, September 19, 2010

"JUST WRIGHT" (2010) DVD


This is one of the "nice" movies in this day and age, being rated PG, but basically a clean movie. Some selective bed scenes (before marriage) and some language. It is a romantic comedy: a light movie , but what I expected and what I felt like at the time. It was enjoyable and did have a message.

Leslie Wright,  played by Queen Latifah, is a straight up physical therapist who knows a lot about the NBA.  She is also very good at what she does.
In her private life most fellas she meets only want to hook-up with her on a friendship, 'buddy' level. She wants more and then meets the man of her dreams, basketball all-star, Scott McKnight (played by Common).
Unfortunately, he meets her attractive childhood friend, Morgan (Paula Patton) at the same time. Morgan wants nothing else but to be a rich trophy wife of one of the  players. Scott then has a career altering injury and the only one that really can help him is Leslie Wright.
 

Leslie Wright stays true to herself all the way through. She knows her gifts and follows her dreams with grace. If I had written this script I would have shown where that grace and her gifts came from. (Psalm 139:14:"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well." NKJV)  Of course I wouldn't have shown sex before marriage, even if it was an implied sex scene, but that's Hollywood.

I really found it refreshing, to find the Leslie Wright character (Queen Latifah) as a full figured woman in this romantic comedy.  She held her own with confidence and compassion and with an honest heart. Her role in this movie is the romantic lead. You don't see full figured woman that often in this type of role in today's movies. From her  book (also in audio cd), called: "Put on Your Crown", she holds her own in real life the same way, with the strength and grace from God. She is beautiful inside and out and I am definitely a fan.

Philippians 4:13:"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." NKJV

MPAA:  Rated PG for some suggestive material and brief language.

My Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment